Re: a few questions about the initial setup of gnus

From: .Martin.
Subject: Re: a few questions about the initial setup of gnus
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:46:46 -0000

When it comes to subsribing to newsgroups, I created a file ~/.newsrc
and included the names of newsgroups I know I want to subscribe to.
Alternatively, there is such an option in emacs/gnus menu.

When it comes to posting messages, I created a ~/.gnus file
and included the following:

(setq gnus-posting-styles
        '((".*"
;;              (address "email@gomain.com")
        (organization "blahblah")
        (signature-file "~/.gnus-sig")
        ))
)

;; my mail headers - if not using posting styles
(setq user-full-name ".Martin.")
(setq user-mail-address "blahblah@gmail.com")

(setq   gnus-check-new-newsgroups nil
        gnus-read-active-file nil
        gnus-nov-is-evil nil)

;; don't ask how many email to dowload
(setq gnus-large-newsgroup 'nil)

I've still got some question that I haven't found any answer.
I guess I'll post them in separate posts
--
regards

.Martin.