Re: Connection to send e-mail goes wrong

From: Gijs Hillenius
Subject: Re: Connection to send e-mail goes wrong
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:46:56 -0000

On  5 Mar 2010, Cecil Westerhof wrote:

> I have the following in my .gnus:
> (setq gnus-message-archive-group
> '((if (message-news-p)
> "INBOX.Verzonden.misc-news"
> (concat "INBOX.Verzonden." (format-time-string "%Y-%m")))))
>
> In this way every send e-mail (not newsgroup message, maybe I should do
> that also) is archived pro month. Until recently my only problem was
> that I had to add the new mailbox every month to my installation.
>
> But that has changed. In my group buffer I have for example:
> *:*nnimap+e-mail:INBOX.Verzonden.2010-03
> 0: nnimap+e-mail:INBOX.Verzonden.2010-01

I have the same snippet of code in my setup and it works like
advertised.

However, in my case, once a month, I need to manually add the imap
sent-mail-newMonth mailbox to my group buffer. (by pressing ^ in the
group buffer, selecting the imap server and subscribing to the mail
folder).

Apparently you managed to automate adding this new mailfolder to your
group buffer. I'm interested in that solution, however, I wonder if your
trouble (above) also is caused by that very same trick?

--
Qualquer tecnologia suficientemente avançada é indistinguivel da mágica.
                -- Arthur Clarke, escritor inglês