Re: How to use gnus-summary-universal-argument

From: Leonidas Tsampros
Subject: Re: How to use gnus-summary-universal-argument
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 15:47:15 -0000

Cecil Westerhof <Cecil@decebal.nl> writes:

> I move spam message from different places to a certain folder to be
> processed. I like them to be easily marked as read. I can do this with:
>     M P A
>     M-&
> but I am a real programmer and lazy: I do not want to do what I can let
> the computer do. ;-]

Hi Cecil,

Usually, the way I marked spam was simply by using B m
(gnus-summary-move-article) and have them moved to my nnml:mail.junk
directory. B m works either with numerical prefixes or with process
marks. This is how I achieved a little bit of automation:

(defun gnus-move-to-junk (&optional n)
  (interactive "P")
  (gnus-summary-move-article n "nnml:mail.junk" nil 'move))

(add-hook 'gnus-startup-hook
          '(lambda ()
             (define-key gnus-summary-mode-map (kbd "j") 'gnus-move-to-junk)))

I remapped the 'j' key as I never used the defualt goto-article
command.

Hope this helps!