Re: Setting up a nnmbox server

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: Setting up a nnmbox server
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 09:53:58 -0500

Alberto Luaces <aluaces@udc.es> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have a ~/mbox file sitting in my hard disk. If I go to the *Server*
> buffer, press `a' to create a new nnmbox server and then I open it with
> `O', no group is shown. The generated lisp shown when editing the server
> with `e' is:
>
> (nnmbox "mbox_server")
>
> How can I open the messages inside the file?

The easiest way is to create a temporary nndoc group with
G-f in group buffer.  (Or for an ephemeral version use `G F'
<uppercase>

You will be prompted for a filename, where you input the full name of
mbox file like ~/mbox

Only if you really need a permanent folder... you would create a new
server.  Read the manual on that subject C-h i m gnus <RET> and scroll
quite a ways down to Server Buffer

Under the bigger heading:
SERVER BUFFER
[...]
 * Creating a Virtual Server::   An example session.

Or just click on this if you are reading with gnus.

  (info "(gnus)Creating a Virtual Server")

You will notice you are lacking parts of the specification necessary.

Once you've read that, and tried again... post back if you still need
that server and need and help.