Re: nnml-generate-nov-databases - What Did It Do?

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: nnml-generate-nov-databases - What Did It Do?
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 20:28:51 -0500

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 15:17:27 -0700 (PDT) khj <khjacker@gmail.com> wrote:

k> Here's what the top of my summary buffer looks like (slightly edited):

k>  Gnus -- 200685
k>    [  0   6]   1: advice
k>    [ 90 941]  66: gwt
k>    [ 67 337]  11: minix3
k>    [  0   0] 200471: Archive.to
k>    ... ... ...

k> Note the last line!  It appears to be a "subgroup" of Archive (there is, of
course, a `to' subdir under `Archive').

k> Can I just "gnus-group-delete-group" that "group"?  I certainly do *not*
want to lose all my archived, outgoing articles/letters.  So, I am proceeding
cautiously.  ;-)

I'm not sure about the reasons why it's showing up, but you can
definitely make the Archive.to group disappear in two ways:

1) with `u' to unsubscribe from it (this will lower the group level but
you can still see it with `L')

2) with `C-k' to remove it from the list (you won't see it anywhere,
it's cut out of the newsrc files)

You can also visit your primary server with `^' in the Group buffer to
see the Server buffer, then RET on the primary server's line.  That will
show you what groups are available from that server (independently of
whether they are in your newsrc file and visible in Gnus otherwise).

Ted