Re: nntp and nimap in use together.

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: nntp and nimap in use together.
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 13:51:52 +0100

Petro Khoroshyy <khoroshyy@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Petro,

> I have been using offlineimap and dovecot to read emails from my gmail
> account. Now I want to use gmail to read some mailing lists from gmane
> server.

Huh?  You want to use Gmail for Gmane?

> But, after I have added (add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
> '(nntp "news.gmane.org")) into .gnus file, I cannot see the imap
> account.

Looks ok, except that you do it twice in your config below: as first and
as last statement.  But that shouldn't be the source of the issue.

> What am I doing wrong?

What's the value of `gnus-select-method' (C-h v gnus-select-method RET)
after starting gnus.  And what's the value of
`gnus-secondary-select-methods'?

Bye,
Tassilo