Re: Get link to article

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Get link to article
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 11:41:57 +0100

On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 03:20:41 +0000, William wrote:

> Hi. I'd like to get a web link from an article I'm reading into the kill
> ring, like this:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.bugs/55886

> Any ideas?

I tend to move point to the link and press u:

  u runs the command gnus-article-copy-string, which is an interactive
  compiled Lisp function in `gnus-art.el'.

  It is bound to u, <menu-bar> <Url Button> <Copy URL to kill ring>.

  (gnus-article-copy-string)

  Copy the string in the button to the kill ring.

If I want a URL for the current article (and not a URL _in_ the
article), I toggle the headers and move point to the Archived-At:
header.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Some are born to sweet delight                             Adam Sjøgren
  Some are born to endless night"                        asjo@koldfront.dk