Re: why nnrss asks me to key the url i've already keyed?

From: frank lin
Subject: Re: why nnrss asks me to key the url i've already keyed?
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 01:22:50 -0700 (PDT)

On 4月11日, 上午2時17分, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <la...@gnus.org> wrote:
> art <990...@gmail.com> writes:
> > after exiting gnus, next time i try to get new news,read or select
> > some of those groups , it asks me to enter the url again...
>
> What it the prompt you get, exactly?
>
> --
> (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
>   bloggy bloghttp://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/

thanks for your replying!

what it prompt looks like:
"URL to search for  \311 \256\302\333  - \301\331\320j\303: http://";
(something like that... because emacs not allow me to kill-ring-save
so i key it by hand eventually...)

in the group mode the group name appears normally, and in the article
i can still read the content, but when gnus querying me to re-enter
the url , something goes wrong...

by the way , i used to use emacs24.0.94.1 with gnus v 5.13 , but after
subscribing some rss and restart emacs, my .newsrc.eld broke down, so
i recover it by the "Time Machine" , and now i use the emacs 23.4.1,
the gnus becomes more stable, but still prompts to ask me to key the
urls of some rss i've already subscribed...

moreover, i attempted to reply you first by gnus , but the the message
looks odd:
Non-printable characters found.  Continue sending? (d, r, i, e, ?):
Sending message 1 of 1...
Message contains characters with unknown encoding.  Really send? (y or
n)
Use ASCII as charset? (y or n)
Sending via mail...
Opening STARTTLS connection to `smtp.gmail.com:587'...done
Sending...done
i  didn't have seen the message i sent  appears  ... so i resend it in
the web  :(

whether the following problem related to this issue or not, i have no
idea...
 if i  open some rss with  the the content-transfer-encoding :
base64, the content messed up  with the message:"rfc2047-b-encode-
string: Multibyte character in data for base64 encoding", even though
i " W 6" , it replies: "Invalid base64 data"