Re: gnus.registry.eioio when migrating from emacs 24.1 to 24.2

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: gnus.registry.eioio when migrating from emacs 24.1 to 24.2
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2012 14:59:40 +0200

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

>> Somehow it seems to be remaking the registry, but each time I launch
>> emacs, I get the warning again.
>
> As a followup, I also tried deleting the .gnus.registry.eioio file. I
> still get the same error, no new file is created, and moved messages
> cannot be found.

After relaunching emacs a few times, I don't get the error anymore
(starting over for the registry).

However message lookup no longer works. Here is my configuration:

(setq
 gnus-registry-split-strategy 'majority
 gnus-registry-ignored-groups '(("Junk" t)
                                ("TrainSpam" t)
                                ("notmuch" t)
                                ("Trash" t)
                                ("Chats" t)
                                ("Contacts" t)
                                ("Emailed Contacts" t)
                                ("Notes" t))
 gnus-registry-max-entries nil
 ;; this is the default
 gnus-registry-track-extra '(sender subject))

(gnus-registry-initialize)

(setq gnus-refer-article-method
      '(current
        (nnregistry)))

Has anyone managed to get nnregistry to work on 24.2?

Thanks,

Alan