Re: duplicates in Server Browse buffer and invisible messages in nnml

From: Julien Cubizolles
Subject: Re: duplicates in Server Browse buffer and invisible messages in nnml
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 14:11:37 +0100

Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr> writes:

> On Wed, Dec 05 2012, Julien Cubizolles wrote:
>
>> I've noticed that all the groups listed in the Server Browse Buffer in
>> my nnlocal method show up twice, with slightly different messages
>> numbers  (45 and 47 for example).

> Is it possible, that the group names have utf8-characters?
> I've a very similar issue, whenever there are accented characters in the
> group name: group shows up twice or more, number of messages varies.

Unfor, that's not the case for me. I made some progress though, running
gnus-server-regenerate-server (g) in the *Server* buffer cleared the
duplicate entries in the groups list of the nnml server.

But I'm now faced with another puzzle : I also have a nnarchive server
for sent mail and news and I noticed that in the corresponding folder
every mailbox file has a backup file (~ suffix). Is that the expected
behaviour ? Because of that, every mailbox shows up as 2 groups with the
same name in the Browse Server buffer.

Julien.