Re: How to set up Gnus as default mailto application in Ubuntu?

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: How to set up Gnus as default mailto application in Ubuntu?
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 17:16:35 +0100

Marius Hofert <marius.hofert@math.ethz.ch> writes:

> Can you be a bit more specific (for a newbie), please?
>
> The page says:
>
> ,----
> | Configure your web browser and operating system so that the script is the
> default email application
> `----
>
> As I wrote, it is not clear to me, how I can tell google-chrome to accept a
> script.
Don't know for google-chrome, but for firefox, it is possible, see
https://github.com/emacs-helm/helm/wiki#wiki-firefoxbookmarks

It is the same for gnus, with this script instead:

#!/bin/bash

wmctrl -xa emacs
if [ -n $1 ]; then
    emacsclient -e "(message-mail (substring \"$1\" 7))"
else
    emacsclient -e "(message-mail)"
fi

Thierry