Re: Ma Gnus 0.6: sometimes hangs

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: Ma Gnus 0.6: sometimes hangs
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 20:33:08 +0200

On Sunday, April 7, 2013, Felix Natter wrote:
that has been posted to gmane.emacs.gnus.user as well.

Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug@gmail.com> writes:

hi Rainer,

> On Saturday, April 6, 2013, Felix Natter wrote:
>
>     hi,
>
>     ma gnus sometimes hangs, where the last message is:
>
>     "Reading active file from sent via nnfolder...done"
>     or
>     "pop3 retrieved 15KB (100%)"
>
>     (I waited several minutes)
>
>     Is that a known problem? I don't think it's dangerous (Gnus works after
>     a C-g), but can it be fixed?
>
> I have the same problem on Ubuntu with gnus which comes with emacs 24 and I don't even have to C-g as
> simply opening on group solves the problem.

What do you mean with "simply opening on group solves the problem"? In
my case Gnus isn't responsive (until I enter C-g) so I cannot open a
group in *Group*.

Sorry for Not being specific enough. In my case, it only seems to be hanging, as the cursor still indicates busy, but emacs is responsive to the keyboard. So opening the group via keyboard works, and the cursor returns to the normal cursor.

Cheers,

Rainer

Thanks and Best Regards,
--