Re: OT: Have you met another Gnus user in person?

From: Anssi Saari
Subject: Re: OT: Have you met another Gnus user in person?
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 21:50:50 +0300

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> On Sun, 09 Sep 2012 23:23:54 +0530 Sivaram Neelakantan
> <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> SN> It just struck me that I have not met a single person who's a Gnus
> SN> user in flesh and blood; Emacs, once in a while but gnus?  Nyet,
> SN> nada, nope!
>
> I've met a few.  They are shy nocturnal creatures.

Lots of my coworkers in the 1990s were Emacs and Gnus users and we all
used Unix workstations... Ah, the good old days.

Haven't really met Gnus users since then. The closest was some random
software guy a year or two ago. I was in a supermarket and had my Gnus
T-shirt on (the one with some elisp code on the back) and he started
talking about how cool Lisp is in general... But apparently he didn't
know Emacs or Gnus.