No such function: nnvirtual-request-list

From: Thomas Shannon
Subject: No such function: nnvirtual-request-list
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2013 06:49:12 -0500

I'm using Emacs 24.3 on Mac OSX.  When I try to create a foreign group
using 'B' in the Group buffer I get the follwing error:

No such function: nnvirtual-request-list

To my surprise, a Google search didn't turn up a link to anyone
experiening this error.  "nnvrtual.el" is loaded and I notice a number
of similar functions located there but not this one.  Any ideas what might
be causing this error?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Tom S.