Re: lamer... how to send group email efficiently

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: lamer... how to send group email efficiently
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 03:15:01 +0200

> Very nice, thanks for both chunks of input... very helpful.

No problem.

I thought about this, how to not send group *mails*, but *posts*
to several groups (crossposting).

For this, it seems the .mailrc file won't work as those aliases
only expands in the "To:" header, and to send to groups, the
"Newsgroups:" header is used.

Still, you can use the regular Abbrev mode, possible like this:

(kill-all-abbrevs)
(let ((write '(("Marquez" "Márquez")
               ("Diaz" "Díaz")
               ; ... setup whatever you need for writing ...
               ; ... has nothing to do with crossposting ...
              )))
 (define-abbrev-table 'text-mode-abbrev-table write)
 (define-abbrev-table 'message-mode-abbrev-table
 (cons '("rsb" "rec.sport.boxing, some.other.group") write) ))

This will - the last line will - get you all the normal writing
abbrevs is message mode, as well as the collective aliases (I
provided only one example)

(There are probably one million ways to do that.)

Anyway, as the message mode is used for both mails and Usenet
posts, perhaps the .mailrc file should be integrated in that
respect?

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573