Re: saving gwene RSS posts

From: Sivaram Neelakantan
Subject: Re: saving gwene RSS posts
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 22:34:28 +0530

On Wed, Mar 05 2014,Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> What's the best/preferred way to save RSS full text feeds?  I've
>> subscribed to a few RSS feeds and I'd like to save some of those
>> articles/posts.  I think mailing them to myself is certainly not the
>> way.
>>
>> something like marking them and upon exiting the group, it copies the
>> article to a nnml folder, perhaps?
>
> Gnus can copy messages to local storage using a caching mechanism.  See
> the manual for details.

I've had a look at article caching and I can't figure how that would
apply to my use case.  Some RSS articles I want to save for long term
reference.  Is it enough to simply copy them to some other folder,
preferably in the same format that I see in the gwene ng?

3.16 Saving Articles section gives some options that I find it hard to
choose from.  Any advice?

 sivaram