Re: What's the best server and how do you setup gnus in emacs?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: What's the best server and how do you setup gnus in emacs?
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 22:04:34 +0200

> It looks like you are wasting a lot of black space on the right by
> using such a short line length, on your screenshot?

Waste and waste - it is not as simple as filling the black gap.

Take a look at this screenshot [1] with fill-column as 70. The black
wasted space isn't wasted, but it looks sort of strange not to have
any margin. It is like a book where the letters would end abruptly not
with the right margin, but with the page end itself.

But there is a much more strange thing. Filling isn't done with the
orientation intact. Then it has to be reset. It is difficult to
explain, so check out two more dumps. That happens in sequence. First
this [2], then it has to be reset manually [3].

I don't know, perhaps that is something I misconfigured, because it
seems it shouldn't be like that. If that wasn't an issue, perhaps I'd
go from 55 to 60 or even 65... (with 70, as it is now, it happens
almost at every single paragraph).

[1] http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/dumps/space.png
[2] http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/dumps/first-move.png
[3] http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/dumps/then-reset.png