Re: Using lisp code in query-replace-regexp

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Using lisp code in query-replace-regexp
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 20:57:27 +0100

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> I can use the following replace string (for lack of
> a better term) with query-replace-regexp

Yes, you can do that.

Check out this:

(while (re-search-forward REGEXP nil t)
  (replace-match TO-STRING nil nil))

from the help of `replace-regexp'.

So instead of the `replace-match' stuff above, you
write a function that examines `match-beginning',
`match-end', and `match-string', and then use that as
input to your Elisp, to produce the on-the-fly
TO-STRING (in the phrasing of the above Elisp).

Good luck! When you get it to work, post it here :)

--
underground experts united