Re: Problem trying to get new email every 10 minutes automatically

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Problem trying to get new email every 10 minutes automatically
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 14:44:00 +0200

cseberino@gmail.com writes:

> The last line below of my Gnus config I assumed was to grab new email
> every 10 minutes. I sent an email to my Gmail account and noticed it
> showed up in my other non-Emacs email client inbox but not in Gnus
> inbox. Why?

I'm using this, which works for me:

  ; Demon to fetch email every 5 minutes when Emacs has been idle for 5 minutes:
  (gnus-demon-add-handler 'gnus-demon-scan-news 5 5)
  ; Demon to send queued email every other minute:
  (gnus-demon-add-handler 'gnus-delay-send-queue 1 nil)
  (gnus-demon-init)

"idle" does mean "you haven't touched Emacs at all".

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Och när jag blundar hörs din röst                           Adam Sjøgren
  Jag kan inte se ditt ansikte                           asjo@koldfront.dk