Re: Unable to see nntp lists when added to secondary sources

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Unable to see nntp lists when added to secondary sources
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 17:23:40 +0100

B.V. writes:

> I started `emacs -Q' `M-x gnus' and `^'
> Then `M-x gnus-server-add-server' followed by
> `nntp RET <server-host-name> RET'
> The server is listed and marked open. However, there are no newsgroups
> shown.

It is unclear to me where you look for the list of newsgroups. You press
RET on the server in *Server* buffer, right?

> Is there a way to enable detailed logs or something like that?

There is:

,----[ C-h v nntp-record-commands RET ]
| nntp-record-commands is a variable defined in `nntp.el'.
| Its value is nil
|
| Documentation:
| *If non-nil, nntp will record all commands in the "*nntp-log*" buffer.

`----

ngrep(8) is also good for this kind of debugging (if you're using an
unencrypted connection to the nntp server).

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Vejen ender, bålet brænder                                  Adam Sjøgren
  Det brænder for dig, Alexander"                        asjo@koldfront.dk