Re: choose/set from address & gcc-sent_mail

From: Benjamin Slade
Subject: Re: choose/set from address & gcc-sent_mail
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 01:53:43 -0700

> > Ah, I'll look into that. I used extra headers to set Gcc; I'll see if
> > I can use it to set the smtp server.

> I use this for several years now and set the smtp server among many
> other things via posting styles:

> (setq gnus-posting-styles
>       '(
>       (".*"
>          MY DEFAULT SETTINGS
>         )
>         ("work:.*"
>        MY WORK SETTINGS
>         )
>         ("private:.*"
>        MY PRIVATE SETTINGS
>          ("X-Message-SMTP-Method" "smtp smtp.someserver.de 587 username")
>         )))

> The SMTP server used for work is set using the
> normal message-send-mail-function.

Yes, that works.  But there remain two issues, one major, one more minor

1. When replying to messages like this one, i.e. from a mailing list,
the identity rules seem to fail, as I get a "no match" error, and S W
fails to actually quote in that case. (Though gnus alias seems to arrive
at the correct identity anyway).  I'm not sure how to resolve this.

2. The more minor issue is that the message-id isn't correctly set. I
get things like:  Message-ID:
<87poxnrpkg.fsf@sushoma.i-did-not-set--mail-host-address--so-tickle-me>

Setting the organisation in gnus alias doesn't seem to help.

--
( Dr Benjamin Slade . b.slade@utah.edu . http://www.jnanam.net/slade )
 ( Linguistics . University of Utah )