Re: mail back to UTF-8 before save to HD

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: mail back to UTF-8 before save to HD
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 22:32:05 +0100

Peter Münster <pmlists@free.fr> writes:

> But in the Gnus Article buffer you see "äåö" and
> "ÅÅÖ", don't you?

Otherwise it would be intolerable...

> If you really want quoted-printable format for
> sending and archiving, then I don't know the answer.
> But if you don't need quoted-printable in the first
> place, then
>
> (add-to-list 'mm-content-transfer-encoding-defaults
> '("text/plain" 8bit))
>
> would probably solve your problem.

I have not fiddled with quoted-printable so I don't
know. But I'll test it, right away.

Actually I don't mind mails being sent in any
particular way.

But yes, I would like it *archived* with the chars
intact (or "put back") because I use the shell tools
to interact with the archive - then I don't want to it
to be all gibberish-looking or "no hits" when there
are in fact plenty...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573