Re: gnus hangs when refreshing Gmail

From: Bill Harris
Subject: Re: gnus hangs when refreshing Gmail
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 19:33:28 -0800

As I posted here some time ago, I've also had problems with gmail but using POP3.  I'm wondering if it has to do with gmail using something like OAuth2 but Gnus using something else for authentication.

Since the OP is using IMAP, it may well not be related, but I wanted to raise the issue, just in case.

Bill

On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 11:19 AM, David Mann <manndmd@gmail.com> wrote:

> David Mann <manndmd@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I find that when pressing 'g' in the Group buffer, gnus will hang in the
>> midst of fetching from imap.gmail.com, usually fetching about 90K of
>> data and then freezing.  I can press C-g and then press 'g' again and it
>> is able to complete fetching the mail.  After a while (5 mins or
>> so?) the same phenomenon occurs.
>
> This sounds like there's something between you and Gmail that's dropping
> the connection without notifying the client, so the network connection
> dies, or something...  Is that possible?

You are probably right, as my home internet connection is not great.  I
just moved to France for 2 months and will see how it works there.
Thank you for your help.

DEM