Re: groups not being scanned

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: groups not being scanned
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 12:21:38 -0700

> Hello all,
>
> Long story short for background: I have had to move back to Outlook
> exchange server for my emails.  I used to use this server before and
> everything (sort of) worked.  Moved 1.5 years ago to gmail for speed
> (especially search) but I have had to move back.
>
> For some reason that I cannot fathom, when I ask for new email, only my
> INBOX is scanned.  Other groups on that server are not even though their
> levels are low enough (with respect to gnus-activate-level).  Multiple
> group scanning works on my gmail servers.
>
> Is there a server specific setting that would affect this?

Not that I'm aware of... Can you explicitly scan other groups with M-g
in the *Group* buffer?

Maybe try setting the nnimap-streaming server variable to nil?

Alternately, edebug the function `nnimap-retrieve-group-data-early' and
see if the "infos" argument contains all the groups it should? You could
also take a look at `nnimap-get-groups'?

Dunno...

Eric