info-gnustep

ANN: GNUstep 2.0 (FHS) Binary Packages for openSUSE 10.2 on i586

From: Richard Stonehouse
Subject: ANN: GNUstep 2.0 (FHS) Binary Packages for openSUSE 10.2 on i586
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 23:51:46 +0000

Binary RPMs of GNUstep 2.0, for openSUSE 10.2, are now available for
download from:

<URL:http://www.rstonehouse.co.uk/extras/gnustep-2.0/openSUSE_10.2>

They comprise the core GNUstep libraries and tools, and some
applications. It is hoped that they will benefit end-users and people
wishing to evaluate GNUstep, by providing a quick and painless way of
setting up a basic GNUstep system.

The packages were built on gnustep-make-2.0.4 and configured with the
UNIX/Linux FHS file-system layout, slightly modified for openSUSE.

They were built under openSUSE 10.2 on a machine with i586
architecture. The binaries are stripped - please let me know if this
causes you any problems.

The packages use the stable versions of gnustep-base (1.14.2), and
gnustep-gui and -back (0.12.1). It is intended to upgrade to the
newer versions of these libraries when they are declared stable.

It is also hoped to expand the set of applications, when:

    * upgrading to newer versions of gnustep-base and -gui makes it
      possible to include new applications that depend on them; and

    * more applications are brought into line with gnustep-make-2.0
      and the new file-system layout.

If you have any comments, queries, complaints, suggestions, requests
for future additions etc, please direct them to me.
--
    Richard Stonehouse