info-gnuts

[Info-gnuts] savor short

From: Dannie Nunez
Subject: [Info-gnuts] savor short
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 15:39:09 +0800

As the morning advanced he must have slept again, for the openingof the door woke him with a start. Alison and theRoylances are not in immediate danger. He saw a gleam ofwater and what looked like the spires of a city. With somedifficulty he drew the stiff bolts, and one half of the window wasat his disposal. He dived into his inner pocketand drew forth a sodden sheaf. You know this accursed country and Idont. What if he smashed the glass and dropped into thestreet? After that there was silence again, andthen the tramp of what sounded like a police patrol. For that he was alone responsible, and he saw noway out. He had nothing exceptRandals ring, and that seemed to him an outside chance. I think you are safe now, but it was anarrower thing than you imagine. Anyway, I think I can persuade himthat Im honest. He realised that he had gothimself into an awkward place, from which every exit seemedblocked. Apretty figure youll cut in a ladys bower! There was ashort discussion, and then the Greenshirts nodded and stood aside. The rescue party had arrivedand he must join it. Give me a cigarette, please, said Jaikie. The Evallonians are not a politically-minded nation. That is the job to which I invite your attention. Properly speaking, Imat present your enemy. They regard him as a piece of antiquated lumber, thelast card of a discredited faction. He recognised Meleager, the clown of theCirque Doré. Only in the last resort will they be victims. There was nowatcher on the opposite pavement. At the first rifle-shot the game will get out of hand. Prince Odalchinis staff-work israther good. This was disheartening, but at first he was not greatly disheartened. It was a bedroom, for there was atruckle bed and a deal table carrying on it the stump of a candle. Jaikie drew in his head and shut the window. If the place were kept sealed uplike this no wonder the air was foul. She has not beenconsulted about Prince John; therefore she will be angry.