info-gnuts

[Info-gnuts] retread

From: Joseph Griffith
Subject: [Info-gnuts] retread
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 23:36:02 +0200

Good _javascript_ code takes advantage of its dynamic, functional nature. Whatever it's doing, it works surprisingly well.
I think the title was 'jealousy'. In _javascript_, that means that libraries that mess with Object. It's criminal that so few people are playing with this.
All of Matt's work ended up in vane when the Times stopped publishing the puzzle online just after his system started working. Its near-empty at the moment - I'm getting used to it.
prototype or pollute global namespaces should be treated with caution. Ajax requests are instead made through an invisible Flash file that uses Flash to load the data, parse the XML, extract some CDATA and pass it back to _javascript_ to replace a div.
If you can find a library that solves them for you so much the better! My entry never made it there, but its here for your eyes only.
Good _javascript_ code takes advantage of its dynamic, functional nature. This is basically my take on the same topic.
This one still surprises me.
It went OK, but I really should have spent more time getting the slides right. All were excellent, and each one nicely complemented the others.
Outbursts are not my forte. Its near-empty at the moment - I'm getting used to it.
' Scary Story comic strip. YDN is one of my favourite parts of Yahoo! _javascript_ Libraries are an enormous topic but I felt we did them justice considering the time available. I fluffed the timing a bit, but the talk seemed to go over well. This is basically my take on the same topic. If you rely on a library to abstract away the browser bugs from you you are certain to run in to a bug that you can't fix sooner or later.
The old site, which was a heavily-modded phpBB forum site got hacked and the bastards broke too many things.
In _javascript_, that means that libraries that mess with Object.
I think my brain is full.
Programmers on those VMs get more productive languages, while users of those languages gain access to enormous existing class libraries, not to mention the promise of significant performance boosts.
I rarely like my first take when doing watercolors, but there it was. The slides were on automatic, so the presenters had to be able to time their talk precisely to match up with their slides.
Both were excellent events in their own right, and great examples of event organisation done on a small to non-existent budget. They cover the bases effectively and each one offers something interesting that makes it worth studying in its own right.
or Google Maps and everything breaks. It's not a big popular work of his, but it's really impressed me.