info-liquidwar6

[Info-liquidwar6] Release of Liquid War 6 0.0.9beta

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: [Info-liquidwar6] Release of Liquid War 6 0.0.9beta
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 01:00:45 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Quoting the NEWS file:

-----8<-------------------------------------------------------------
* August 2010: release of 0.0.9beta. This releases fixes bugs
  28030 (killing spree with small teams), 30409 (OS/X packaging),
  and 30354 (libpng detection). Frags are now by default calculated
  using a new method which gives bonuses to numerous teams when
  another team is dead. Network node auto-detection and listing
  works, however it's not activated by default.
-----8<-------------------------------------------------------------

>From a player's point of view, this is mostly a bug-fix release. Under the
hood, lots of new stuff, network nodes are able to discover each other
(without the need of a centralized server, knowing *one* node, any of
them, is enough). I hope I didn't mess up while releasing, creating the MS
Windows binary took ages, it always had something wrong, plus I wrecked my
OS X box trying to figure out how to test how it would behave on a "blank"
machine (removed /usr ... gasp!). Sometimes I know why I like GNU systems
so much ;)

Download it on:
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/liquidwar6/0.0.9beta  and
http://www.ufoot.org/download/liquidwar/v6/0.0.9beta/