info-mtools

[Info-mtools] mtools under MSYS/MSYS2

From: Tony Richardson
Subject: [Info-mtools] mtools under MSYS/MSYS2
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2018 11:14:20 -0600

I am using mtools to access data in a FAT partition on a VHD disk image from Windows.

I built mtools from within cygwin and it works great.  However, the current project I am working on uses MSYS2 as a build environment and I would like to get mtools working from within MSYS2.  I was able to build the tools, but they don't work correctly.  The directory tools work and I can copy files from Windows to the disk image, but I can't use mtype to list file contents or use mcopy to copy a file from the image to Windows.  I get a "No such file or directory" error.

I want to dig into this a little more, but I thought I would ask if anyone might have an idea of where to look?

To build mtools under Windows, I had to comment out the "#define HAVE_ICONV_H 1" line from config.h after running configure.  I also had to supply an implementation for strndup in config.c.  Would not having iconv.h be the cause of the problem?

Thanks,
Tony Richardson