info-sather

Final notice (Re: Is Sather dead?)

From: Norbert Nemec
Subject: Final notice (Re: Is Sather dead?)
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 23:10:35 +0200

OK, this was clear. So from now on, the Sather project should be considered
completely orphaned.

To Keith: I wish you all the best! Thanks for all that you've done for the
project. Thanks for all the cooperation we had back in the ol' days. Even
though we had our quarrels, I'm sure I gained a lot from it!

Now: Anybody willing to stand up and revive the project may stand up at any
time. There is nobody I know of, who might still be actively developing
Sather. Anybody interested: just declare to take leadership and give it a
try! I'm sure, there's a large number of people to be won for the project
easily, as soon as someone takes over leadership for the project in real open
development style! You have a vision for Sather as a whole? Of course, the
project will only prosper if it is done in democratic teamwork, but still: if
you are willing to put time into this, the position of the one person with
the most influence is open to be filled in.

There is nobody to decide about this position but you yourself - and in case
there are more than one applicant: I'm sure you can find a solution for that
yourself, too!

I'm still ready to give some advice where needed, but initiative will have to
come from you alone! The sources are there, the documentation is ready for
download. Nothing is sorted out too well, but anybody seriously interested
will find everything he needs on the net.

Sather is a great project, but obviously it will go into hibernation now,
until, maybe, someone revives it some day in the future.

Good night, Sather!

PS: Since my address is there all over the place in the sources, there is a
good chance, I might get contacted in case something gets moving. This
mailing list a GNU will probably stay functional in future as well, even if
there is no traffic on it. Therefore: Just stay enlisted in
<address@hidden> if you are still interested in getting informed in the
case of something moving. (Anybody, who's getting annoyed by the unavoidable
spam coming over the list: take a try with SpamAssassin - for me, it has
proven a 99% hit-rate, no matter which way the spam found it's way into the
system!)

--
-- JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!