info-sather

Re: [info-sather] Browser bug. Release pre-announcement.

From: Sather User
Subject: Re: [info-sather] Browser bug. Release pre-announcement.
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 21:49:04 +0930 (CST)

On Mon, 14 May 2012, Sather User wrote:

> I have finally stumbled across the bug that you have both reported
> (Fadi a year or so ago, Jean-Pierre in a message to this list dated 15
> Aug 2008).  It is present in my own fork (currently at 1.2b10) which
> will be released fairly shortly as the next GNU Sather version.
>
> All I can say in defence of my delayed recognition is that the browser
> has worked AFAIK in all my own applications, including Tcl/Tk-based

I guess the obvious followup to this, which I overlooked, is, what
about you?  Does anyone have code that is independent of the browser
code but crashes the browser?  And can be simplified to pinpoint the
problem?  Does rearranging the order of the class definitions in your
source make any difference?  Can anyone think of a simple test program
that triggers the crash?  Anyone got a fix?  Anyone like to help?

Regards,
Mike

--
Michael Talbot-Wilson