info-vcdimager

[Info-VCDImager] GNU VCDImager/Rip 0.6.2rc1 released

From: Herbert Valerio Riedel
Subject: [Info-VCDImager] GNU VCDImager/Rip 0.6.2rc1 released
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 01:22:53 +0200

!olleh

Since the changes involved for the 0.6.2 version don't represent just
a 'bugfix' in the commonly understood sense, this is marked as release
candidate 1 (read 'beta 1' if you prefer so...)

I'm proud to announce, that this new version has---just when everybody
has given up complaining about having to use vcdpad---finally
implemented the long awaited feature, which makes it possible to get
rid of the external 'vcdpad' utility...  (If you want you can still
use vcdpad, but it should not be necessary any more.... -- btw, this
is just as far as vcdimager will go for the moment, as it concerns
changing the mpeg stream, i.e. realigning/padding the mpeg
packets. Other stuff, like actually repairing/remultiplexing mpeg
streams is not vcdimagers task...)

Another highlight is the creation of a complete /EXT/SCANTABLE.DAT for
SVCDs, I'm quite interested to hear, if this improves or makes worse
player behaviour...

* mpeg padding on the fly implemented
* create /EXT/SCANDATA.DAT for SVCD (disabled for VCD2.0)
* detect audio streams
* mpeg scanning code rewritten
* minor XVCD & XSVCD support improvements

http://www.hvrlab.org/pub/vcdimager/vcdimager-0.6/

greetings,
--
Herbert Valerio Riedel      /     Finger address@hidden for GnuPG Public Key
GnuPG Key Fingerprint: 7BB9 2D6C D485 CE64 4748  5F65 4981 E064 883F 4142