info-vcdimager

[Info-VCDImager] release candidate available for vcdimager 2.0.0

From: Rocky Bernstein
Subject: [Info-VCDImager] release candidate available for vcdimager 2.0.0
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2018 17:54:09 -0500

Folks -

I will be putting out a new release of vcdimager 2.0.0. It's been 7 years since the last release. You can pull down a tarball for a release candidate at https://rocky.github.io/vcdimager-2.0.0rc1.tar.gz

Here is why a release is necessary...

A little while back I had revamped the libcdio API removing some very old cruft.

vcdimager uses libcdio so updating to libcdio 2.0.0 meant vcdimager broke with the new libcdio. So eventually something needed to be done.

I have updated vcdimager for the current libcdio API. Also in the process I have converted this from CVS to git and have started removing some of the long-term memory leaks that were in vcdimager, and since libcdio now has fewer memory leaks that too is a win for vcdimager.  (However many vcdimager leaks still remain.)