info-xnee

Re: [Info-xnee] Xnee and Xvfb

From: Josh Wyatt
Subject: Re: [Info-xnee] Xnee and Xvfb
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 16:52:49 -0400

Henrik Sandklef wrote:
Before deciding how to design a solution for:
 1. your report
 2. https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?18449 and
we need to make sure we don't mess the old versions of Xnee with a new
file format or things like that.

Hello,

I have not yet had a chance to try the latest CVS...

But I wanted to confirm that the recommended steps below (copying the keymap
from the working Xnest display to the Xvfb) worked great!

I am now about to try the laest CVS, and will be posting back shortly with my
results.

Thanks,
josh

In the meantime you can do this to get started with Xnee and Xvfb again:

Start a session

   Xvfb  :3 -ac -screen 0 640x480x16
   xterm -display :3

Make the faked server use your keyma

   xmodmap -pke | xmodmap -display :3 -

Do any of the following three:

1. After starting Xnee, type "ps" followed by enter followed
    by 'q' (to stop recording)

   cnee/src/cnee --record --keyboard -sk q --distribute :3

2. Use the scripting input to type a p

   echo "fake-key  key=p" | ./cnee/src/cnee --replay --display :3 --file
stdin

3. Use the shell funs built by Xnee

   . share/xnee.sh
   xnee_init_file
   xnee_fake_key p
   xnee_fake_key s

Verify the session

   xwd -root -display :3 > /tmp/sess.xwd && xwud -in /tmp/sess.xwd

Henrik Sandklef skrev:

Josh Wyatt wrote:

What else can I do to help?

.. you have showed/proved me there is a 'bug', so it's up to me now ;)

/hesa