info-xnee

[Info-xnee] xnee 3.02 options that don't seem to work

From: Bill Cripe
Subject: [Info-xnee] xnee 3.02 options that don't seem to work
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 13:23:25 -0700 (MST)

Hello,

I've gotten some fairly interesting sessions to record and replay using xnee version 3.02, which is the most recent version that I could find, but several options don't seem to work at all, although they appear in the xnee documentation. A couple of these don't appear in the cnee documentation, so I suspect that perhaps they aren't in version 3.02.

--seconds-to-record seems to never work. It shows up once in the documentation as --time-to-record, but that gets an error if you try to use it. Neither --pause-key nor --resume-key get a complaint when used, but they seem to be ignored. I tried "--pause-key p" for rexample. The --stop-key option is clearly the best way to stop recording, however, it seems to only accept the letters a-z and is not case sensitive. It's very difficult to never need to use the stop key as part of what you are recording. I got the impression from the documentation that this ought to be able to be set to things like control+q, which would solve the problem, but I'm not able to get these combinations to be accepted.

Are these features simply not in version 3.02?

Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

Best Regards,
Bill Cripe