info-xnee

[Info-xnee] GNU Xnee 3.14 (‘Lord Pi’) released

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: [Info-xnee] GNU Xnee 3.14 (‘Lord Pi’) released
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 09:51:24 +0200

We are pleased to announce the availability of GNU Xnee 3.14

GNU Xnee is a suite of programs that can record, replay and distribute
user actions under the X11 environment. Think of it as a robot that
can imitate the job you just did. GNU Xnee can be used to:

  Automate tests
  Demonstrate programs
  Distribute actions
  Record and replay ‘macro’
  Retype the content of a file

Getting the Software

  http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/xnee/xnee-3.14.tar.gz
  http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/xnee/xnee-3.14.tar.gz.sig

or one of the mirror sites as found in:

  http://www.gnu.org/prep/ftp.html

Checksums

  md5sum:

    04d3256be296d624979940ac2c6b5e8b xnee-3.14.tar.gz

  cksum:

    3927134133 1772509 xnee-3.14.tar.gz

New in this release:

  If XInput is present, record only XI events (discard core events).
  Forced core replay is now done using XI events (if no core events are
available).

  * Fixed bugs:

    Bug-xnee mailing list: “WARNING: Enough valuators … still not printing”

About calling the release “Lord Pi”

  We’re still following the tradition to pay tribute to old heroes who
  have passed away. A while ago Jon Lord (Deep Purple among other
  bands) passed away. Even though Deep Purple never was one of my
  favorite bands, they and Jon still had an impact in my life. Listen
  to Stormbringer, Perfect stranger and Machine head and you’ll know
  why. Jon’s keyboard playing is a vital part of the Deep Purple
  sound. That explains the “Lord” part of “Lord Pi”. The “Pi” part is
  of course due to the version number “3.14″, which is the three first
  digits of Pi.