invoke-dev

[Invoke-dev] thrifty togetherness

From: Katrine Mcdowell
Subject: [Invoke-dev] thrifty togetherness
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 11:58:10 +1100

There, too, was my baggage already being examined, thoughnot that of Belus, here known as Azar. These idols, as you call them, are extremely powerful.
If it is revealed to anyonehere, upon my royal word he shall not lack a reward. Rising from her seat she sprang upon me, she cast her armsabout me.
Spies are best dead, O King, replied the vizier coldly.
So it wenton till darkness fell, through which we were guided by men withtorches.
Now I who had been studying the statue, was moved to speak.
Isthere no other here who can speak of this matter? Now I could see her well for the lightfrom a high window fell upon her. Whither he went we do not know, but being a magician perhaps hevanished away. Whatever you have gained, learn that you have lost a son. What Amasis has paid youfor this treason I do not know, or wish to learn.
Thus we advanced up the greathall till we came to that part where the court was gathered. Farewell, my mother, upon whose face I hope never to look again. Yet fate has brought me back to Babylon, as soon or late, Iknew well that it would do.
Not only was I cramped and shaken, but my heart was as sore as mylimbs. Have faith, forthere is no other crutch upon which to lean. Perhaps, blinded by a greed for pomp andvanities, you do not understand, yet one day you will.
I heard a voice cry in the Babylonian tongue. Now through the open doors came a number of fair women singing anddancing. Atlength he asked her whether it was true that her mistress was married.