invoke-dev

[Invoke-dev] forgave inexplicably

From: Lionel Blake
Subject: [Invoke-dev] forgave inexplicably
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:15:15 +0200

The British at Akaba calledthem cut-throats; but they cut throats only to my order.
Unhappily the British supply staffrealized too late that we were fighting in a little Alp.
Yet in compensation stood my energy ofmotive.
For three successive dayscame falls of snow. The Howeitat spread out along the cliffs to return the peasants fire. As time went on they not only increased the generalfigure, but made a special bid for me.
By good fortune three or four ofthis sort joined me at the first, setting a tone and standard. I left it, climbing straight up the cliffs.
The practice of our revolt fortified thenihilist attitude in me. Nuri Said had artificial tastes, and rescued tinned meats and liquorsfrom the wilder men.
Therebythe situation of Medina, already bad, became hopeless.
So they shot up at Nasir astream of ill-directed bullets. This talk left us a clear course of operations.
For years before the war I had mademyself trim by constant carelessness. Nuri Said had artificial tastes, and rescued tinned meats and liquorsfrom the wilder men. Webought at long prices the fastest and strongest camels to be obtained.
So our reconnaissance had been a quickand easy success.
The Howeitat spread out along the cliffs to return the peasants fire. Theenlightened heads of the Muhaisin had to go as forced guests toFeisals tent. Nearly two hundred Turks, including seven officers,survived as our prisoners. Thence it turned eastward, to wind lengthily in the valley to thecrest.
After this raid the weather once more broke.
The Howeitat spread out along the cliffs to return the peasants fire.
Our ears told us what was happening aswell as if we saw it, and the news was excellent.
By dusk hehad driven them back, and was upon us.
He had been sent out by the Turksto explore the station. Across the sandy neck from the first flat to the second we built acorduroy road of brushwood.
He gave me leisure in which to study the coming battlefield.