iris-user

[Iris-user] dispense

From: Henrietta Wilkins
Subject: [Iris-user] dispense
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 04:47:38 -0500

Bobby had gone away in the morning, on horseback, as heoften did. Plenty of customers, nothing to worry about.
Once more she laughs,laughs into the storm and sweeps her arm over the landscape,pointing.
The herd was driven through the gap, and the posts replaced as bestit could be done. Nature lies prostrate in expectation of the scourgethat is coming, coming.
The herd was driven through the gap, and the posts replaced as bestit could be done. Come in, she said when she saw him at the door. Her head sank back on the pillow; and her thin, transparent handlay on my head. Then he knelt byhis bed and prayed, loud and fervently and long.
Yes, Hahn said, greatly relieved, thats it.
Higher now looms a dark-grey mass of cloud in the north, edged withenormous, whitish scallops. Niels laugh was bitter; but he said nothing.
My father oftenpraised me; but already his praise had become distasteful. It was because I loved you, loved you from thevery first day that I had seen you. Better go andsee whether theres anything wrong.
Well, she smiled up at him, lets have that walk anyway.
Promise that you will not say another word! When I dug thecellar of the house, I laid it out so it would save you work.
So, when we came home, my mother took some heavy logs, draggedthem to the saw-buck, and sawed them.
I hope it will change your feelings towards me into those of abrother. From that day on Niels owned the boy body and soul.
Thats why I go to town and not to the Hefterwoman . Sigurdsen would come, hobbling about, bent on his stick .
I acted as if I were asleep; not in orderto spy on my parents; but to save mother worry about me.
The separation remained to her alifelong sorrow. In winter he went to town again; and we were left alone in thebush.
Once he heard a man say to Bobby, I shouldnt care to work forthat fellow.
Niels pulled the one chair to the side of the bed and sat down forthe long night.
Why dont you ask how Olga is and what were doingin our backwoods country?