iris-user

[Iris-user] affluent

From: Em Andersen
Subject: [Iris-user] affluent
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 08:23:08 -0700

Definitely the best value conference with the most grassroots atmosphere that I've ever been to.
Browser vendors take note: you can still be the first modern browser to implement a proper offline mode!
Definitely the best value conference with the most grassroots atmosphere that I've ever been to. If you can find a library that solves them for you so much the better!
Definitely the best value conference with the most grassroots atmosphere that I've ever been to. Browser vendors take note: you can still be the first modern browser to implement a proper offline mode!
I'll report back on the experience later. The solver itself was pretty straight foward; the hand-rolled OCR routine to deal with the Times' dodgy scanned JPEG a little less so. With any luck it will become part of the accepted accessibility benchmark - I know I'll be testing sites with it in the future. If you can find a library that solves them for you so much the better!
I'll report back on the experience later.
The organisers are still looking for speakers, so drop them a line if you have something to share. They're APIs that you call over the Web. Don't use libraries as crutches; if you're not prepared to figure out what the library is doing for you you'll end up in a world of pain further down the line. I'm giving an overview of the most important _javascript_ libraries, how they compare and the general problems that they are trying to solve.
The solver itself was pretty straight foward; the hand-rolled OCR routine to deal with the Times' dodgy scanned JPEG a little less so. Both events are fun, friendly and open to all.
According to the authors, doing this with _javascript_ requires painful code forking.
getSelection and associated methods. Don't use libraries as crutches; if you're not prepared to figure out what the library is doing for you you'll end up in a world of pain further down the line.
OCaml is a pure functional programming language with type inference, an object system and a strong collection of libraries. The tab screenshot thumbnails are a nice touch.
Even Gmail works, thanks to an automatic fallback to their plain-old-HTML interface. Good _javascript_ code takes advantage of its dynamic, functional nature.
I suppose it's looking for any link on the page with 'Next' as the link text.
All of Matt's work ended up in vane when the Times stopped publishing the puzzle online just after his system started working.
I suppose it's looking for any link on the page with 'Next' as the link text.