jailkit-dev

[Jailkit-dev] [bug #65041] Attempt to execute profile.d scripts under EL

From: INVALID.NOREPLY
Subject: [Jailkit-dev] [bug #65041] Attempt to execute profile.d scripts under EL8
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 17:27:02 -0500 (EST)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Follow-up Comments:

Date: Sun 17 Dec 2023 10:27:00 PM UTC By: Anonymous
Hello

I'm trying to figure out why for a jailkit user (shell is set to
/usr/sbin/jk_chrootsh) the login scripts from /etc/profile.d are not
executed/sourced.

Operating system is AlmaLinux 8, but I don't think that this issue is related
to a certain major or minor release version of RHEL or the Enterprise Linux
clone.
Logging into the jail works just fine. I've also added /etc/profile.d to the
jk_init.ini file on the host to the [basicshell] section. This directory is
correctly copied into the jail on jail setup.

The jail setup also copied the correct bashrc into the jail under /etc which
includes the code to include *.sh files from /etc/profile.d

Do you have any idea why the scripts from /etc/profile.d are not read?

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?65041>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/