jailkit-users

[Jailkit-users] Identity problem

From: Rui Ramos
Subject: [Jailkit-users] Identity problem
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 11:37:50 +0000

 Hi all!

  this is my first post to this list, so if i made something wrong please tell
me.

 I'm trying to set up a jail for users to login to and make compilation tests.
The jailkit seemed a good alternative that speed up the chroot creation and it
really did. I've followed the basic shell howto:
 http://olivier.sessink.nl/jailkit/howtos_chroot_shell.html

 But when i got to the part of testing i could log with ssh but i got allways
connection rejected. It seems like a perission problem. I've search a lot and
still didn't find the issue. So i've testiing jail instead of jk_chrootsh shell
in /etc/passwd and now it works. I still use the jk_* commands.
 One problem i have is the identity.

  i can logging to the chroot env bu i get in the prompt: "I have no
address@hidden:"

 executing whoami i get:

 whoami: cannot find username for UID

 I've seen somewhere in the mailing list that the shadow system is outside the
jail env. Any one had this problem i can't seem to find a solution to it ? or
is this because of using the jail shell in stead of the jk_chrootsh ?

                                          Sorry for the long mail, any help is
really apreciated

 Rui Manuel dos Santos Ramos

 Instituto de Recursos e Iniciativas Comuns
 Praça Gomes Teixeira, 4099-002 Porto, Portugal

 phone : +351 223 401 571
 e-mail: rramos[at]iric.up.pt
    web: http://ruiramos.no-ip.com