jailkit-users

[Jailkit-users] feature request: "ignoreusers" entry for jk_check.ini

From: Adam Katz
Subject: [Jailkit-users] feature request: "ignoreusers" entry for jk_check.ini
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 02:09:54 -0500 (EST)

I have a system in which all non-admin users are jailed.  The admins are
all also users, so in editing files within the jail, their accounts end up
owning files.  To properly attribute their work, I added them to the
jail's passwd file.  Now, jk_check spits out a handful of errors like
this:

ERROR: the real homedir and jail homedir for user nobody do not correspond
in jail /home/testchroot
ERROR: user kevin is changed in jail /home/testchroot
ERROR: the real homedir and jail homedir for user kevin do not correspond
in jail /home/testchroot

Yes, I also added "nobody" since some files are owned by this (non-)user.

The system seems to work quite happily, but jk_check emails me regularly
with these "errors."

My proposed solution is to add a new configuration option, like

[/home/testchroot]
ignoreusers = kevin, nobody

This would prevent checking the passwd and group entries for the noted
users.  (An option "ignoregroups" also makes sense, though I don't see a
real need for it.)