jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] Openssh 4.4.1 and Jailkit

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] Openssh 4.4.1 and Jailkit
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 07:56:14 +0200

Russ Lavoie wrote:
> I had a working system with openssh 4.2.x installed and all the accounts
> I created with openssh 4.2.x still work with the upgrade to 4.4.1p, but
> if I create a new account in the same fashion as I did with all the
> others (just two days before) it accepts the jailed users password then
> immediately disconnects with this error using WinSCP:
>

> *Is SFTP server running on your server?*
>
> *Connection has been unexpectedly closed. Server sent command exit status 1*
>

> But if I log in with an account that was already there before the
> upgrade it works with no issues.

does each of these accounts have the same jail, or each in a separate
jail? if in a separate jail, you could try to make a listing of all the
files in both jails and see where they are different. If in the same
jail the difference must be in the account, so /etc/passwd or
<jail>/etc/passwd, their homedir, etc.

regards,
        Olivier