jailkit-users

[Jailkit-users] new utility: jk_update

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: [Jailkit-users] new utility: jk_update
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 22:18:22 +0100

Hi all,

after the discussion on how to keep a jail updated I created a new utility: jk_update

right now it is pretty simplistic. I have a jail with my binary /home/testjail/bin/blaat. If I change the real /bin/blaat and I run jk_update it works:

# jk_update -j /home/testjail/
removing outdated file /home/testjail/bin/blaat
copying/linking /bin/blaat to /home/testjail/bin/blaat

jk_update tests all files in '/bin/', '/lib/', '/usr/', and '/opt/'

jk_update will check if the binary on the real system is newer, and the binaries should be different.

the question is, what other options should jk_update get? I'm implementing a 'dry-run' option right now so you will see what will be done. But what else would be useful?

-skipping certain files?
-adding more directories to update?

please give some feedback. You can try the latest development version in cvs.

regards,
        Olivier