jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] FTP allowed outside jail

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] FTP allowed outside jail
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:36:28 +0100

John Stille wrote:
So I have setup a jail, which only allows scp and ftp, however when I ftp into the server I am able to see the entire directory structure.

ftp is a server which doesn't start a shell first before starting something else. sftp and scp start up a shell first, and the shell (jk_chrootsh) does the chroot call.

You'll need an ftp server that supports chrooting of users.

regards,
        Olivier