jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] postfix, sendmail inside jail enviroment

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] postfix, sendmail inside jail enviroment
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 07:42:36 +0100

eMail Lists wrote:

Thank you Olivier.

Sorry, to ask. I understand what you mean but I do not know how to do that using 'mail' on the command line without using a daemon.

me neither ;-)

but there are several commandline clients such as mutt that can send over smtp.

I don't know how the 'mail' command actually pushes the email to the MTA, does it start a command and send the email message to stdin of that command?

If I were to use a daemon within the jail enviroment does it have to run as a seperate postfix process on the host and the spool directories inside the jail?

I don't know, that depends on the internals of postfix. IIRC postfix uses sockets to communicate between the different processes. So perhaps if you do a bind mount for the directory that has these sockets inside the jail it might work already, but perhaps not..

regards,
        Olivier