jailkit-users

Re: [Jailkit-users] jk_chrootsh[17661]: abort, failed to get user inform

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] jk_chrootsh[17661]: abort, failed to get user information in the jail for user ID 514: Permission denied, check /home/jailuser/etc/passwd
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 22:15:56 +0100

Alexander N. Treyner wrote:

> WHat may be wrong with nssswitch.conf? Should I configure it?

That depends on your systems configuration. Is nsswitch  using files or
compat for passwd and group or something else?

> About libnss:
> # ls -l|grep -i libnss
[..]
output looks good for a 32 bit system. you're on a 32bit system?

>> > Also what about password for user mldonkey? Should I define it or
>> no? > Currently I have no password defined for user mldonkey.
>>
>> how are you logging in right now, with ssh private keys? I suppose
>> that's fine.
>>
> Actually I did not tried log in with user mldonkey. It is new user,
> supposed for one application, and I started to work with jail before I
> run the application. Do you think I need log in with the user first, and
> then define jail ?

the order doesn't matter. but if you want to log on with a password you
should set the password (outside the jail, because sshd will check the
password outside the jail, and if correct it will start jk_chrootsh that
will bring the user process inside the jail)

regards,
        Olivier