jailkit-users

[Jailkit-users] Re: Jailkit-users Digest, Vol 36, Issue 2

From: Kevin
Subject: [Jailkit-users] Re: Jailkit-users Digest, Vol 36, Issue 2
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 09:07:34 +0800

> Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 05:06:02 -0500
> From: Jim Archer <address@hidden>
> Subject: [Jailkit-users] Directory tree question
> To: address@hidden
>
> Hi All...
>
> I have been playing with jailkit and really like it, it's just what I need,
> thank you!
>
> I do have one concern though.  I created a scp and sftp only jail.  When I
> log in, I can move up above home and see /dev, /etc/ /home, /lib and /usr.
> I can not write to them, but I can see all the contents.
>
> Is this normal?  Is there a way to jail the user so that he can not move
> above his own home directory at all?
>
> Thanks very much...
>
> Jim

Hello Olivier, I have a similar question like Jim's.
I am not worrying about the system files in the virtual enviroment,
but if I jail a few users in the same place, they can access other
users' file each other. It is a big deal at a secret shared hosting
machine.

Is there a solution that when a jailed user run a "ls -la /home", his
can only see his own home directory?
If I prepare a jail for each user, it will be the best security, but
wastes a lot of disk space.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin