jailkit-users

RE: [Jailkit-users] how-to add ftp access to ssh only jail?

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: RE: [Jailkit-users] how-to add ftp access to ssh only jail?
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 09:07:42 +0200 (CEST)

> This would be great for users that are making an ftp connection to the
> server, however in our case the user is logging in via SSH which is
> locked down via jailkit and then opening an ftp session to another
> destination via command line.  This is the command we need available and
> locked down with jailkit, thank you.

sorry I misunderstood you.

adding an ftp client to a jail:

add jk_init section 'netbasics' to the jail, these include the files
required to do DNS lookups and things like that.

copy the ftp client to the jail with jk_cp

test it (see the howto on jail debugging), if it does not work use for
example strace to find out which files are not found in the jail.

regards,
   Olivier